What dog has the strongest bite? The dogs with the strongest jaw.
The dog kingdom is a beautiful place with variety and versatility. There are thousands of breeds of dogs across the world with each one having some distinct feature defining and distinguishing it from others. One can truly appreciate the diversity in the dog species by just having a glance at the little Chihuahua which is no taller than a tea cup and then looking at the large and domestic Great Dane which can scare any onlooker by its sheer size. Dogs are lovely and loyal but that doesn’t change the fact that they are blessed with a mouth full of sharp teeth and a jaw which is stronger than any human being’s, but what dog has the strongest bite?
Some dogs have a stronger jaw than the others. In other words, many breeds are famous for having a high bite force which can cause a lot of harm. What is bite force? It is a common method to measure how strongly a dog bites by calculating the amount of pressure the dog can exert. This measurement, many would argue, is not an accurate one, because a dog bites differently at different times. The size of the head and jaw of any dog also affects the amount of pressure it can exert. Besides, a trained dog will typically have a higher bite force than an untrained dog. Thus, scientists have calculated the average bite force of numerous dog breeds and in this article, we will discuss the ones with the highest value. Here are top five domesticated dog breeds which have the highest bite force. In other words, these are the dogs you definitely should not mess with! So, what dog has the strongest bite?
- The Doberman is a energetic and very aggressive breed.
- The bite force of this breed of dogs is reputed to be a high 600 pounds.
- Mastiff has a very strong jaw and has a bite force of a whopping 552 pounds!
- The Rottweiler is blessed with a large head and big jaws which are hint enough to alert any person about its biting strength.
- With a bite force of 328 pounds of pressure, this dog’s bite is one to fear.
- German Shepherd
- The history of the German Shepherd is the breed being used as herding dogs.
- This breed is used in police forces as well as to guard places a lot and there is a good reason for this.
- The average bite force for this species is 238 pounds.
- Pit bull
- The pit bull is a breed which is famous for its deadly jaws and potential to cause a lot of harm with its bite.
- Despite all its popularity and fame, the pit bull is below four dogs when it comes to the strength of its bite.
- The bite of the pit bull was measured to be 235 pounds.
Bite varies from breed to breed and Doberman seems to be the answer to “what dog has the strongest bite?”.